August 03, 2013

I don't agree

I saw a post on Facebook about a cover for Time magazine that said something to the effect of having it all meant not having children.  At first I thought I read it wrong but nope.  Then I thought what do they possibly mean by "having it all?"  Does that mean you have the big house, the fancy car, the perfect job, you can afford to do any hobby you want, and you can vacation where ever and whenever you want?  If that's the case let me point out a few things.  We don't have a big house, heck, we don't even have a house.  We live in an apartment but it's perfect for us right now.  We don't have a fancy car but we have two really good cars and they are paid for.  I have a great job and it's in the field I want and I love what I do.  We do a little with hobbies and we have kids in music/swim lessons.  You can always find great deals with both of those which helps save you money.  For instance, did you know you can get a great banjo for sale at musicians friend?  Hobbies don't have to cost an arm and a leg.  Plus, as far as vacations go, true, we can't vacation whenever we want, we have to save up for it but we still go every year somewhere.  There are so many AWESOME places near us that I don't feel bad about not being able to visit Europe right now or go to Hawaii.  A vacation is a vacation no matter where you go and vacationing with kids is so much more fun too than just going as a couple.  Seeing life through a child's eyes is priceless.  Everything in life is more fun and exciting to experience when you have kids.  I really do have it all because of my kids.  I'm so blessed. :D

No comments: