June 27, 2013

Soooo tired

About a month ago, I helped my boss paint a room at our job.  It was not a small feat and the day before we were to begin, everyone was on board.  The day came and only my boss and I showed up to help along with a student of ours that didn't even need to be there.  Granted, two of our coworkers helped to tape off things but the painting was left to us.  That night we stayed about nine hours and left at 3am.  The next day we stayed 12.5 hours and left at 4:30am.  The following day we went in for a couple of more hours.  Yeah, took us 24+ hours to get it done, mainly just the two of us.  It was a bit of a nightmare but we got through it and the room looks great and I love to walk in and see it.  The huge downside to that, other than not having help and staying up really really late, is that it affected my baby.  She was just starting to sleep well and since then, she hasn't at all. Here I am a month later, and this week was particularly bad, and I still feel completely sleep deprived.  There's something to be said about having kids when you're young.  There's no way I would survive this if I was older.  I hope it doesn't take too much longer to get her back to sleeping well.  I may be young but it's wearing on me. :P

No comments: