May 27, 2013

Need some extra motivation

I haven't felt very motivated lately.  It's not that I'm sitting around being lazy day in and day out.  No, I'm still incredibly busy and have things that need to be done on a daily basis.  It's just I haven't had the motivation to do a lot of it.  Does that make sense?  I do them, but I'm not overly excited or passionate about doing them.  That probably explains it better.  I don't know what my deal is, a bit of a slump I guess.  I wonder if it's my job?  The environment I work in, sometimes has really negative patients.  The ones that zap all the positive out of you.  Maybe that's why I'm having a hard time being excited about things?  I'm trying not to bring work home with me.  Sometimes I feel like talking about a rough day helps but I think forgetting about it all together lately, has helped more.  I've also been trying to incorporate some "me time" into the day to help me get back on track.  I got some new books for Mother's Day that I've been enjoying and of course I run to help with stress. Both have been beneficial. Oh, and more sleep has helped too.  I've also noticed that having my days planned out instead of just "winging it" helps keep me more upbeat because I know what needs to be done and I'm ready for it.  These little changes have helped and I'm noticing my slump go away. 

No comments: