August 08, 2012

Sleeping arrangements

We're beginning to think that our baby has acid reflux.  She spits up all the time.  We've never had a child spit up as much as she does so we're thinking acid reflux.  It's been fine mostly, a lot of outfit changes for her and us lol.  The part that hasn't really been fine is when she spits up silently and we don't catch it right away and she starts gagging.  So to help with this we've had her in bed sleeping with us so we can keep an eye on her.  It's not my first option having her in bed with us, you worry something might happen.  So yesterday we bought something similar to a bassinet that you can put next to your bed for the baby to sleep in.  At first I didn't want to get it but my husband convinced me and I'm so glad he did.  She does really well in it, she's close if she needs me, and we don't have to worry about something happening if she was in bed with us.  Now we can sleep a little better.  Our mattress is pretty basic, not a natural latex mattress los angeles but it feels better when you don't have a child in bed with you.  Here's to a better night's sleep!

No comments: