March 28, 2012

Laid up

Since I got hurt, I have to stay off my feet as much as possible for at least a week. That doesn't sound too bad initially. Kicking back, watching movies with the kids, playing games from the couch, reading some books, not having to go to work. Not too shabby right? Well, the fact that I have extra time at home, my mind is on overdrive thinking of all the things I COULD do. I could organize some shelves I've been meaning to get to. The desk needs an overhaul. Actually, I could probably do that one while sitting down the whole time. The fridge needs cleaned. I'd love to go on a walk with the kids. Maybe go to the library or to a park. Going on a bike ride would be fun. Yeah, when you think about having extra time, it usually involves getting up and doing things. So while I may have a week to be home and do nothing, this time, I really have to do nothing. Unless it's from the couch or bed. Could be worse though. I'm not on bedrest, just have to take it easy. I know women who go on strict bedrest and can only get up to go to the bathroom. I may not be active but I'm grateful I can still move around a little at least. Then hopefully, by next week I can get back into the swing of things!

No comments: