February 27, 2011

In heaven, really

I have been in heaven for the past two weeks. Want to know why? You don't even have to guess, I'll tell you. I finally got myself to run again. It's taken a year and a half to get back to it, but here I am. I've run six times in two weeks and it has felt really good. I haven't always been a runner though. It's something that I've wanted to do since high school but never did. Being on the chubby side, running for very long was really hard. Plus, I had a friend tell me more than once I could never be a runner and I believed her. But, a few years ago, I found a couch to 5k program that I thought I could do. If you do a little a time, you're bound to get better right?

So, I had two awesome friends who joined me on my running adventure. They were amazing and great supports and by the end, we all were able to run 3.1 miles without stopping. Having never run before, any of us, that's quite an accomplishment! Since then, I ran another 5k and a 10k. Running has became my passion and it feels incredible to watch my body do things I never imagined possible. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't do something, because you can. A little at a time. I haven't run in a long time and I've had to practically start almost over, but I'm doing it. Before you know it, I'll be back to running 4+ miles without stopping!!

1 comment:

Cami Jo said...

Thanks to you.....so do I!!!Good for you! Enjoy the treadmill!