September 16, 2010

New, new, new

I've started working. That's not exactly new, I've worked before. But in a lot of ways this feels different. I've gone to school for this and have both a degree and a license for it. I work with people who need my help and if I don't know what I'm doing, I could really hurt someone. That's a bit scary! I do know what I'm doing for the most part but as most people realize, you can't learn EVERYTHING in school. I have a lot of knowledge under me but there's more I will and need to learn. Time, it all takes time. But in the mean "time" it all has me a bit stressed.

The last few weeks I've been cross-training with the girl I'm replacing. That has been great! She's oriented me to the all the equipment and the facility. For the most part I'm comfortable with that. The computer program is going to take some practice but should be fine. I have met a few of the patients and I've worked with the other employees. So, so far so good. Except next week, I'm on my own. Eeekkkk!!! THAT is what really scares me, being alone with a patient and them asking me a question I don't know the answer too and looking like an idiot. I hate looking like an idiot. :P But, I'm hopeful! At least I have a job. :D

No comments: