March 23, 2009

Monday Muse

Kate recently posted this "interview meme" on her blog. I learned more about Kate reading her answers, so I wanted to play along in case you want to learn more about me. Thanks Kate for taking the time to ask me these questions so I could use it in my Monday Muse! (If you want me to interview you, let me know.)

#1 - Tell us how you and your husband met...when did you first realize he was the guy for you?

My mom and my husband worked together. She had mentioned his name when she spoke about her job, but I didn't think anything of it. She then pointed him out one day when I picked her up from work but again, I didn't think anything of it. That was until one evening we decided to go out to dinner. When the waitress came to our table to take our order, my mom said we needed a few minutes while we waited for a friend of hers.

Now you have to know, my mom is divorced and I was thinking she invited a date for her. Yeah, you'd think I would have figured it out. I did finally, when HE walked in the door. I'm pretty sure my face went bright red and I immediately turned away. My mom had to be kidding.

Sure, I'd seen him before but he wasn't my type, I told myself (although I admit, I wasn't sure what my type was but don't HIM I said that lol). Plus, his car was nicer than mine and yes, at the time, that bothered me lol! He sat down and he and my mom started talking. My red face turned into a glare. Was I wearing a sign that said "find me a man!"? I was pretty irritated with my mom but I made polite conversation. HE says that HE looked at me through dinner, but I don't see how that was possible since I was staring at him the whole time. He did have nice hair after all. :D

Nothing happened for a few months but I did end up asking him if he wanted to take a religion class with me. He said yes and we went but we couldn't find where it was taking place, so we went to dinner and a movie instead. It was after that that everytime I thought of him, I got all giddy and anxious and it was then, I knew. :)

#2 Were you named after anyone? What does your name mean and how is the meaning significant to you?

My middle name origination is up for dispute. Some members of my family say I was named after my grandma while others say I was named after a dear friend of my mom. I don't care either way, I still like it (and won't share it for privacy reasons :)

My first name, Michelle, means "who is like God". Every time I think about the meaning, it does something funny to my insides. I love my name, but sometimes I feel like I'm not worthy of the meaning. Other times, it makes me work harder to be a better person.

#3 - What is your favorite season of the year and why?

I love spring! I love that everything comes back to life after winter. I love watching the flowers bloom and hearing the birds sing. I love that it's not too hot or too cold, the weather is perfect! Love, love, love spring!

#4 - You're back at university right now, in the PTA program...what made you choose this particular course? What is your favorite part of it so far?

In high school, when I was deciding what career I wanted to pursue in college, I took a variety of tests to determine "what I was good at." The tests weren't that helpful actually, because the results were that I could do anything I wanted to. Well, thanks but that didn't help me narrow anything down lol!

I did know kind of what I wanted. First, I wanted to work with people and help them. Second, I wanted to be more hands on than behind a desk. And third, I wanted to work in a medical field that didn't involve giving shots lol. So as I looked over possible careers, physical therapy was one that stood out because it fit all of my criteria.

I was considering the PT program at our university but after I was married and had children, I didn't want to be in school that long. So I decided not to pursue physical therapy because I wanted to be home more. But then, I saw at a career fair that PTA was offered too. I had no idea! I was so excited that I looked into it and knew it was something I wanted to work toward.

I knew for sure it was what I wanted to do on the first day I started my 40 hours of PTA observation required to apply to the program. I made a blog post about it and you can read it here.

My favorite part so far is the way I feel when I'm doing well in my class and everything comes together. I love that I will soon be able to help people with my knowledge and help make them better. I also love that one of my teachers is who he is. He's the most inspiring teacher I've ever had. Even though he's been at this for years, in the field and teaching, he still lights up everytime he talks about physical therapy. I love it!

#5 - Share you favorite recipe (baking, cooking, whatever...).

Yikes! This question is hard because I don't have just one favorite. My recent favorite is one that I found through Beth, called Easy Low-Calorie Banana Muffins. You can see the recipe here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for playing along! It's always fun to get to know your friends a little bit better! :)

Beth said...

This was fun to read! I think I've heard part of your how-we-met story but I liked reading it again. :-) And I'm mentioned on your blog! I'm famous!!!!!! :-D (And kind of a dork.) :-)