July 09, 2007

Sparkling goodness

We just received a notice from our apartment complex that we will have our yearly inspection coming up soon. They provided a list of things we need to have done. As I started reading through the list my first thought was "we keep this place pretty clean so there probably isn't much extra we need to do." Well I keep reading and I find that I have to clean things like the ceiling. Second thought "I'm a complete slob because I don't clean my ceilings!"

Seriously, who cleans ceilings? I vacuum corners to keep the cobwebs away but I don't actually clean them with a rag and soap. So this morning I decided I better get on this checklist and my first room was the bathroom. A - my least favorite room to clean. B - cleaning any area of the house where you poop and pee just isn't that exciting.

Three hours later I am done. You could throw a party in my bathroom now it's so clean. I did everything, the walls, the ceiling, the baseboards, the door, the toilet, the tub, the sink, the lights, the pictures, the scale, the diaper pail and so on. Sparkling goodness ladies and gentleman. The only thing I didn't do was mop the floor because I am way too tired. lol But it looks really nice. So now if we move, I'll have less to clean! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Kate said...

We had our annual inspection yesterday . . . BOY am I ever glad that's over with . . . ahh . . . the joys of renting! *rolls her eyes* I hope your inspection preparations go well! :)

Michelle said...

Did you have to clean your ceilings too? I'm glad you're done! What a relief.