July 07, 2007

S.M.A.R.T. Habit Saturday!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm doing pretty well with my goals and slowly creating habits. Not spending money before it gets into my account, exercising 3x a week, and brushing and flossing everyday are now all habits, yay! The rest of my goals still need some work but they are getting better. Saying my morning prayers is still a work in progress. You'd think that would be the easiest goal to work. I keep trying. As far as my eating habits, I'm not doing too shabby. There were only a couple of times where I snacked and I didn't need to.

I'm going to add two new goals to work on this week. The first is thinking before I speak and speaking less. I can say some pretty dumb things at times and I know if I just thought about it before saying it out loud it would come out the way I want it to rather than being misunderstood. I also need to speak less. This will be hard but it will be good for me. I need to listen more than talk.

The other goal I'm adding is to help my girls brush their teeth every night. Months ago this was a habit for us but since then I've been so tired that I've slacked on it. The last thing I want is a dentist bill for my kids. Below is my new SHS list.


*Don't spend money before it gets into my account - HABIT!
*Exercise at least three times a week - HABIT!
*Brush/floss everyday - HABIT!

*1 - Enter receipts same day - A-
*2 - More patient/understanding - A-
*3 - Say morning prayers - C+
*4 - Teaching my kids to work - B+
*5 - In bed by 10:30pm or sooner - A-
*6 - No overeating - B-
*7 - Thinking before I speak/speaking less
*8 - Get girls teeth brushed

Check out Lara's blog if you want to join in SHS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look like you're doing great on your habits - keep up the good work!!!

Myth said...

Thinking before I speak - that's certainly a habit I need to add to my list! Good luck this week :D

Rebecca said...

Great job on your habits! Even the ones in progress look good. Good luck this week.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing great! If only I could make exercise a habit!!

It is definitely hard to slow down and they about what we say before it comes out of our mouths. I think it is a tremendous habit to work on!

andalucy said...

Wow, I am inspired by the habits you're working on. Maybe I will tackle some hard stuff like that some day. :-)