May 12, 2007

They bloomed!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

If you remember my planting season post, then you will be glad to hear that our Easter Lilies have bloomed! I'm so excited! I left one day for finals and came back and two had bloomed. A third one just opened up too. They are so pretty. They look just like in the above picture, except ours have more white in the center. I love to just look at them. They are beautiful and peaceful. It amazes me that a little bulb can produce such a wonderful flower.

I'm glad Mimo mentioned her family's little planting adventures because that's what gave me the idea. I love flowers and I can't wait for the day when I have my own flower and vegetable gardens. I'd be like a child at Christmas! :)

3 comments:

Kate said...

They sound lovely (and judging by the pic, they LOOK lovely too!). What a wonderful Mother's Day gift . . . flowers that YOU grew yourself! :)

Kara said...

Oh yay! I'll have to come see them!

Michelle said...

Thanks! We're pretty excited. Two more bloomed today!!