April 02, 2007

Planting season

Thanks goes out to Mimo for giving us the great idea to do indoor plants. I actually had never thought about it. But when she brought it up, I thought, "hey, that sounds like a lot of fun!" So that very day we went to Wal-Mart and bought two plants, one tomato and one pot of pink Easter Lilies. Our girls thought it was neatest thing to plant the soil, add seeds, and then give them water. My husband and I were just as excited as they were! We've been watching them now for about a week and the tomato plant has already started to sprout some leaves.

Our oldest has loved waking every morning and checking on the plants. A few days ago she was just so darn excited to see the tomato plant with its leaves that she decided to pick them. More than half! (We had about 16 little sprouts.) *CRY* We were crushed. Our first ever tomato plant had been plowed over by the Toddler Giant. Thankfully we did have a few seeds leftover so hopefully they sprout.

Other than that little disaster, it's been so fun to keep on eye on them. We're not gardeners, but this is pretty darn easy. Cheap too and loads of fun!

2 comments:

Kara said...

LOL! Sounds fun :D I always manage to kill potted plants, they just shrivel up and die. It's sad. I hope your tomatoes grow good, despite your helpful toddler lol :D

Kate said...

that sounds like a fun project! :)