January 11, 2011

Make it and stick to it

It's the beginning of the year and that means new year's resolutions for a lot of people. If you go to the local gyms, you will see hundreds of people signing up all eager to lose weight. I've done this very thing in the past. Why do we think that starting a new year means things will be different? I keep hearing people say that they couldn't wait for 2010 to be over and for 2011 to start. Sure we all have ups and downs through out the year but that's pretty normal. In my whole life I can't remember one year that was worse than another. There's bad days, and weeks, and even months but that doesn't or shouldn't ruin a whole year. But maybe that's just me. I've always tried to be an optimistic person, looking on the bright side of things. And I don't mind trials. I don't LOVE trials but I know they happen for a reason and I do my best to learn from them like I should. I remember my mom saying you shouldn't live for the weekend. That's been in my mind a lot the past few months. Along the same lines, don't wait for a new year to lose weight, if that's your goal. You can start anytime, today, tomorrow, next month. That's the great thing about being alive, we have the right to choose when we do things. Now, I need to take my own advice...

No comments: