June 06, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring....it's hailing??

It's been raining off and on here for the last few days. I love the rain. I love it's smell and I love the sound. I love the rainbows after and I love how it makes everything green. I love the rain. Earlier it was coming down in buckets and fast. One minute it was pretty quiet and the next it was so loud I could barely hear the person I was talking to on my phone. My husband opened our front door and we watched as the rain turned into hail. Whoa! The hail was probably the size of marbles, which isn't very big, but I hadn't seen anything that big in a long time. After the hail stopped, it kept on raining.

We let the girls run out and play in the rain for a few minutes. Boy did they love it. They were probably shocked it was ok lol! They were so cute. They'd run out into it and then run back in laughing and then run back out again. I don't think they realized how wet they would get lol. They were nearly drenched after only a couple of minutes but we didn't mind. The fun they had in those few minutes made it all worth it. And while I would love more summer-type of weather, we need the rain so I don't mind it at all. :)

No comments: