January 16, 2010

French Toast Casserole

I think I received this recipe from one of my SIL's. I think. Either way, I'm glad I found it amongst my recipe collection. My husband threw this together last night and it was so nice to only have to throw in the oven today. At first, the girls weren't thrilled about the way it looked but when they tried it, they really liked it. I would recommend eating it warm, we waited about 15 minutes and while it was good, warmer would have been better. Definitely a recipe we will use again. :)

French Toast Casserole

Ingredients:

1

Loaf French bread, cut into 1-in cubes (10 cups)

8

Eggs

3 cups

Milk

4 tsp

Sugar

1 tsp

Vanilla

¾ tsp

Salt (optional)


Directions:


1. Place bread cubes into a greased 13x9-in baking dish.

2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt (optinal). Pour over bread.

3. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

4. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Dot with 2 TBS butter.

5. Combine 3 TBS sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over top.

6. Cover and bake at 350* for 45-50 minutes or until a knife comes out of the center clean.

7. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with maple syrup.


1 comment:

Beth said...

I saw on Facebook that you were having this ... thanks for the recipe! Sounds like something I'll have to try out.