April 18, 2008

We need to travel more

While at the dentist yesterday, I came across a show about traveling. I think it was called “1000 Places to See Before You Die” or maybe that was the name of the book they were talking about. But anyway, it was really interesting. They were talking about a couple that takes five months out of the year to travel all over the world. I don’t know if they ever been to the North Padre Island or used one of the North Padre Island rentals but this time they were in Mexico. I began thinking about what they said in response to people questioning how they could just get up a leave their lives behind for five months. They said, “How could you not?” If we let our lives get so busy that we can’t go on vacations, then I agree, we’re missing out big time.

No comments: