April 14, 2008

Monday Movie Review

Here's another list of movies I've watched the past week. If you've seen any of these, feel free to say what you thought of them. As always, also mention ones you would or would not recommend. Enjoy!

"August Rush" - This movie was SO good! It's about a boy that was given up for adoption without his mother knowing. The boy has a special ability to hear everything around him in the form of music. Learning music comes quickly and easy to him. Why does he do it? He hopes that one day his parents will hear his music and come find him. Other than a few young kids swearing, this movie was incredible. I had goosebumps through most of it. Definitely one to watch.

"National Treasure: Book of Secrets" - On our last date night, we saw this and it was just as good, if not better, than the first "National Treasure" movie. Trying to find the city of gold and clues to clear his family's name, Ben Gates and his family and friends go on another adventure. The movie keeps you guessing and wondering how everything fits together. A few times I was even on the edge of my seat. I would also recommend this one.

"Alvin and the Chipmunks" - This is the new version with actor Jason Lee. I wasn't sure I would like it, but I actually really did. The girls love the chipmunks and enjoyed the movie also. It's pretty funny how the chipmunks get tired of storing food for the winter and decide to look for something better. They end up with Dave, a guy trying to make more money by producing songs but isn't very good at it. The chipmunks sing very well and get him the hook up he needs. We had some good laughs watching this and were pleased it was pretty clean. We recommend this one too.

"The Cutting Edge: Going for the Gold" - I made the mistake of watching the trailer for this movie but forget to read about it's contents. If I had read it, I would have found that the movie has "sexual references, nudity, and language" in it. So no, I don't recommend anyone watch this. Enough said.

"Combustion" - This movie's plot was about a town having gas leaks that were causing fire explosions all over the place. (I like movies that involve some type of disaster and seeing how people overcome it.) I wasn't particularly thrilled with this, it was a bit cheesy, but it was an ok, one time watch.

"A Goofy Movie" - This is a rerun for us, but I wanted to include it. If you liked watching Goofy growing up, you will like this. It's cute and a fun family movie.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I saw August Rush last week too and loved it :) Oh I also saw Alvin last week too, it was a cute movie, and I love Goofy Movie lol. I've wanted to see National Treasure 2, glad you give it a good review.

Anonymous said...

I really want to see August Rush. Surprisingly, my husband wants to see the Chipmunks movie...I think it's those fun voices that take you back to being a kid. Thanks for the reviews!

www.mamapj.com