January 18, 2008

Ahh, it feels so good

To be 25 for the second day. It's a lovely number don't you think? 25...25...25...It sounds like a nice number anyway. lol It feels like the prime of my life and I'm loving it. There isn't a time before now that I would want to go back to. Looking back on how far I've come and what I've learned, no, I like where I am just fine.

My birthday this year actually went much better than I had anticipated. Kara and Melissa took me out to dinner this past Saturday and we had the best girls night out (we miss you Kara!). Yesterday my husband tried to send me flowers at school (he goal was to embarrass me and it would have worked because I was in the front row of a classroom filled with about 60 students - I would have died) but the lady missed me and brought them by the house. They are beautiful and were completely unexpected; the perfect gift.

I made a Hawaiian Wedding Cake and we invited friends over to help eat it and play games. A few of my family members called and I received some wonderful e-cards from my online buddies. One of my SIL's completely surprised me by sending me three brand new books: Ella Enchanted (loved the movie), Pride and Prejudice (which I've never read but want to and thrilled to have my own copy!), and the Princess Academy. I so excited to start reading!

Long story short, it was the most fun birthday I've had in a long time. Thank you everyone who helped make my day special. :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

Happy birthday yesterday!!

I am excited for you to read those books -- they are all terrific!

Ginabear said...

I am so happy you had a fun birthday! You deserve it my friend. Did you eat all of your pie??;)
Wish I could have come up to celebrate with ya!

Qtpies7 said...

I'm starting to feel old. 25 was a long, long time ago. 36 didn't seem old until I remember how long ago 25 was.
Glad you had a great birthday, 25 is a great age! One of the best so far.

Katie said...

Sounds like a lovely day! Happy Birthday!