May 28, 2007

Nose Grapes

Sound yummy don't they? My oldest apparently thought so. She somehow managed to shove a tiny grape up her nose and get it stuck. Oh yes, you read that right. A grape. In her nose. Stuck. I first laughed remained calm and collected. She was great about telling me there was a grape up her nose. At first she wasn't sure if it was a bad thing, but then she laughed. I called the Dr and he was really good about it. We met him in the ER then walked over to the regular Dr's office. (You know you have a good Dr when he tries to save you money!) He tried to suction the grape out two different ways but ended up pushing the grape further back. We were about to try a different approach when the grape actually came out as we were changing my daughter's position. She was a trooper and only cried a few times. I ask her if we should stick grapes up our nose and she laughs and says yes. I hope she really means no. lol So that was our eventful holiday.

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh my, my brother dtuck a bean in his nose, not good. I am sorry I had to laugh at your story, but I am glad she is okay!

Dawn said...

Oh wow, that would be freaky, a funny story for later on, but freaky none-the-less!!

Michelle said...

No it was pretty funny. I laughed, she laughed, the Dr laughed. It was quite funny. :D

Kara said...

I'm glad you were able to get it out and come over here :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, I lauged so hard I shot a grape out my nose!

Glad you have a wonderful holiday memory, filled with laughter, family and an MD.

maren out my laundry said...

oh what a great story too bad you didn't get a picture ;) poor little girl, hope she doesn't do it again!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You are much more laid back than I would have been! I'm glad it wiggled itself out. This story is one for reflecting years ahead.