May 28, 2007

Memorial Day

Many mind is occupied with many thoughts on this day. Thoughts of those who have risked their lives for our great country. I think of the husbands, the wives, the children, the parents who have lost a loved one serving a greater cause. My heart aches for them for I cannot imagine how they feel and what they have to go through. They are not forgotten, they are continuing to serve but for a much greater purpose. My prayers are with you and with those you love.

Today is the day to remember these individuals. I also remember those that I have loved and lost. Not serving our country but battling their own cause. I have grandparents who have passed whom I miss terribly. One grandpa I wish I had known in this life. Another grandpa,I miss his home, his smell, his smile, his hugs. I also remember a dear friend that lost his battle with a brain tumor. Sometimes I think I see him. His hands, his walk, his face. He was so young. He was my friend.

What a glorious day it will be to be reunited with those we love! Knowing that one day I will have that chance brings me peace. You will never be forgotten. You are missed and you are loved.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Beautiful post Michelle :)