December 17, 2006

Oink~Oink

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today, for the first time in my life, I made ham. Oh. My. Word. It was delicious! I've always liked ham, but I normally don't eat more than one piece. I had two large pieces today. Heaven. Pure heaven! It was very tender and juicy. Yummy! I think honey glazed ham is my new favorite dish. We had Kara and her family over and I wasn't about to kill them with over/undercooked ham, so I'm glad it turned out well.

Your turn! Name a dish that you've made in the last year for the very first time. What was it and how did it turn out?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your ham! This year (several months ago) I made greens for my husband who loves them. I do not. He said they were great so that was good enough :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad things went well for your dinner party! :)
We've tried a few new recipes this year . . . and they turned out well . . . of course it doesn't hurt that James is an excellent cook (we collaborate)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm glad your dinner party went so well! :)
We've tried a few new recipes this year, one being Beth's chicken and broccoli pasta recipe which turned out so well it's now a staple at our house! :)

Anonymous said...

That ham was delicious! Normally I don't like ham much, but I also had 2 slices cuz it was so good :D I don't know what new recipes I've tried this year, except those Oh Henry bars, and they are always delicious!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, those O'Henry Bars are to die for! That's one new thing I made this year.
Congrats on the ham. There's tons of yummy stuff you can make with the left overs. Hambean soup, Pork noodles, casseroles, quiches, etc.