December 19, 2006
Blessings
I love the Christmas season. I love everything about it. The music, spending time with family, giving to others, the food, the lights and so on. One of my favorite parts is giving to others. We were able to contribute to helping a local family. It wasn't much, an outfit for a little boy, but even though it was small it made us feel so good. You do what you can. Christmas is a time of giving. We give to family, friends, and to those in need when able. It really touches your heart when you see a smile on someone's face after receiving a gift from you. It makes it all worth.
We have been truly blessed this year. I have a wonderful little family and my husband still has his job. We moved into a wonderful place and have fantastic neighbors. I feel blessed everyday to have what we do. A few days ago, someone else blessed our lives. I opened our front door to find a large basket of Christmas items. Food, clothes for the girls, and presents for dh and me. There was even a very generous gift card. We were touched and I just cried. We really have been ok, but this was such a thoughful gift. Someone was so kind to think of us, I don't know who they were but I am grateful to them.
Just yesterday our bishop came by and said someone in our ward wanted to anonymously give a cash donation to a family in need. We were one of the families. Again, we really have been ok, sure things are tight, but we always have enough. We don't know who was so sweet but what a blessing. Sometimes you don't know how much you touch someone's lives through acts of service. We have been greatly touched and we'll never forget this Christmas. We look forward to a time when we in turn can help someone in need. For that's truly what Christmas is about, giving to others, for we have been given the greatest gifts of all. Him. (For a great Christmas poem, take a look at Kate's blog.)
Posted by
Michelle
at
4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I'm so happy that people are being so generous and that they thought of you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas! :D
That is so wonderful! I'm hoping next year things won't be so tight so we can help someone out like that :)
oh that is so wonderful.. you have a blessed attitude - take care:)
Thats so awesome! I love Christmas too and have been very blessed as well this year by those around me. The gospel is so awesome! I am truely thankful for a loving HF and especially for His son. Isnt it good to know that you are being taken care of and that He knows your heart? Dont you wish Christmas was a year round event??
Post a Comment