I may need mouth to mouth after my weekend. Maybe I should wake my husband up. lol It started Friday. I woke up feeling like grass that hadn't been mowed in month and then it was all of a sudden weed whacked. Ouch. I missed my first class at school and was planning on missing my second also, and only going to my last class because I had a speech to give. But at the last minute I decided to try and make it to my second class, thinking we may have a pop quiz. Low and behold class was cancelled. Grrrrrrr. So I sat and waited for my speech class to start. I tried doing homework while waiting, read a newspaper, walked around but I just wanted to throw up. Made it threw my speech though and then headed home.
Kara brought me some cookies, which may not have helped my tummy feel better, but it made me feel better. I think that makes sense. Anyway, that night my oldest started throwing up. Chunks. All night. It was disgusting. Thankfully my husband was there to clean the majority of it up. My stomach just couldn't take it. I was so glad he decided not to work overtime Saturday also, he was a huge help with us being sick. No throwing up Saturday luckily, that was so nice. We ventured out and did some shopping. Bought some huge pumpkins to carve. My husband's weighed a whopping 42 pounds! The thing could eat all of our other pumpkins. They looked afraid.
Today, still no throwing up. Another blessing. I think she's fine now, just had a 24 hour bug. We decided to decorate for Halloween for FHE. It was a lot of fun. Our oldest got really into it this year. I put out some decorated light bulb thingys my mom had given me. Then we hung up our cutouts from last year; witches, pumpkins, and bats. This year I added eyes onto the bats. They're cute. Then we all colored pictures and hung them up. My husband is so proud of his. He kept staring at it. lol Our home looks very festive.
My MIL let us borrow her steam cleaner to clean up the throw up everywhere and the last of the dog hair. It was nice to get rid of the yucky stuff but it did make me a little sad to get rid of all the dog hair. I've been missing her a great deal lately. Someone else here owns a Beagle and when I see her, my heart drops. We might go see her in her new home in the next week or two before winter comes. That will be a treat. I figure I'll still be able to find some dog hair lying around. I usually do. She was such a good dog.
Well that was our weekend. Eventful. Joyful. Disgusting. Sorrowful. Festive.
October 15, 2006
Sweet sorrow
Posted by
Michelle
at
8:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh man, that hoovers! Our families must have visited each other without us knowing, because we have the same thing going on over here :(
I'm sorry you miss your puppy. I know how you feel. We had a puppy for 9 years that we adored, and he was such a good pet. Then when we moved we couldn't take him with us, they don't allow pets here. We miss him a lot... especially when the door rings, or on the 4th of july when we used to have to comfort him when he heard fireworks. I hope you get to see yours soon.
I also hope your family is all better soon! I have one kid left and then they'll all have had it.
I hope you are all better soon :) Let me know if you need anything, like more cookies :D
Post a Comment