September 29, 2006

Go figure

Who knew so many people were interested in a squirrel named Chester. LOL Well if you didn't see my comment in my last post, here's an update for you. I tried to say hello to him last Friday. I was walking up to his tree, I see him, so I started to say "He...." and he scurry's up the tree. Now this is unusual for him because he usually just stops and stares at me. But no, he ran up the tree and started throwing nuts, or whatever they were, at me. How rude! So I yelled at him "hello to you to Chester!" and laughed all the way to my car. The other students may think I'm this crazy girl talking to trees but I don't care. So I decided to get him back. Yes, it may not have been the right attitude, but it's not nice to throw nuts at someone that's trying to be friends with you.

So for most of this week I haven't even walked by his tree. Nope, he could stare at someone else and throw nuts at them. I was standing firm until one day I completely forgot I was boycotting the sidewalk next to his tree and happened to walk down it. I figured well since I'm here, might as well make amends. Guess what? The little stinker wasn't there! So now I figure he's boycotting me! I vow that the next time I see him to sit down with him, human vs squirrel, and have a talk, whether he likes it or not. I don't know when that will be, he could be part of a secret of groups of squirrels who hibernate after human encounters. But when I do see him, we'll get this resolved. Who knows the effects that could happen with him and his potential family. Not to mention I could lose sleep over this and continue to blog about it for months on end, boring all of my friends. It could be catastrophic! I may never be able to look at another squirrel again! So here I wait....

5 comments:

Kara said...

LOL, well I hope you and Chester can work things out :D

Kate said...

I saw that he had thrown nuts at you . . . but when you vowed revenge upon his squirly behaviour . . . I had to know what you were going to do!
I really hope that you and Chester work things out so you can peacefully co-habitate that sidewalk space! :)

maren out my laundry said...

Maybe its time to set aside your differences and bring him a special treat. WE can't have squirells running around everywhere thinking all humans are bad ;)
I can't stop laughing Michelle! Good post!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if he's got himself a little squrely girlfriend who is keeping him away from meeting you on your walk?

Anonymous said...

Uh, make that squirrelly, no, uh, squirrely? A cute Chicka with a bushy tail!