August 14, 2006

Exercising is my friend, port-a-potty's are not...

Today, a friend and I decided to go walking. We first made a quick stop at Wal-Mart where we bought pedometers. If you don't have one, I highly recommend you get one. The kind we bought tell you how many steps you've taken, how many calories you've burned, and how far you have traveled. It even has a clock. For less than $7 I considered it a steal. At our walking area, we strapped them on and away we went. Both of us were carrying a baby and we both were pushing a stroller with a toddler in it. Talk about a work out! The course we took was not a normal, flat walkway. Oh no, it had hills, up and down. With two kids in tow, my legs and arms were feeling the burn. I was glad we were exercising though. I mean if Carrot can do it, I can do it. :-)

5,000 steps and 1.7 miles later we finished our walk. Whew! We shaved off 5 minutes from our last walk, which I was proud of. That means we're improving. The one difference this time around, was that we brought water. You'd think we'd have taken water with us the first time, but we didn't realize how hard our little journey would be. How we did it the first time around without water still surprises me. But anyway, we had water today and it felt so good to drink it in such hot weather. By the time we loaded the kids up and were about ready to go, I could only think of one thing. No it wasn't how nice it would be to have my AC on. I had to go to the bathroom!

I honestly didn't think I could make it to the nearest gas station. Just my luck there was a port-a-potty right there. Now I'm not one to normally use one of these, as they are terribly disgusting. But it was use that or go in the street, in my new I-want-to-look-cute-but-I-really-look-fat sweat pants. So I opted for the port-a-potty. Thank goodness I know how to do an air chair. I'm trying not to be too grossed out when I just happened to look up and to my left. Guess what I see? A HORNET'S NEST! Four hornets are having a party.

I freak out. I don't want to run out of the bathroom with my pants down so my friend can see me in my partial birthday suit. So I'm trying to pull my pants up all while the whole port-a-potty is shaking vigorously. I get even more worried that the shaking motion will make the hornets come after me because I disturbed them. My friend must be thinking I'm crazy seeing the whole thing shake back and forth at this point. I flung the door open and my pedometer drops outside and breaks apart. But thankfully it didn't fall into the toilet right? I jump outside with my pants mostly pulled up and slam the door shut. I couldn't believe it. I didn't even get stung. I must have been really crazy because I opened the door back open to see what the hornet's were doing. I know, you're thinking "if she was in such a big hurry to get away from the hornets why would she want to look at them again?" I guess I was curious as to why they weren't coming after me. They were happily enjoying their little nest.

What kind of hornets make a nest in a port-a-potty anyway? I mean really? Do they have zero sense of cleanliness? What animal or bug in their right mind would want to see someone using the bathroom? Maybe they don't have morals or maybe they were all out on a date and were too engrossed in themselves to be bothered by little ol me. Whatever. Thank heavens I wasn't stung. Next time I'll hold it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I echo Beth's comment . . . and question . . .
But great for you that you got out walking! :) yay Michelle! :)

Anonymous said...

ROFL! You poor thing! I hope you get a new pedomiter.

Michelle said...

What on earth? I didn't have any comments on this until today and they all are from the 15th?? Odd. Oh well.

Beth & Kate - No I didn't get a new pedometer. My friend and I figured out how to fix it. It's just recently been acting up again so I still might replace it.

Carrot - HIVES! LOL You crack me up too. :)

Mimo - At least I wasn't stung! Woohoo!