August 25, 2006

Blogging is so in

Here I didn't even know what a blog was until about 6 months ago. Now, I've been asked by a professor to create one. I was surprised when my American Goverment teacher asked us to create a political blog. Fantastic. Two things I know very little about - blogs and political issues. lol I don't even have an idea what to call it. Politics for beginners? lol So if anyone has a fun title for my new blog, I'm all ears! As soon as I have a title, I'll post a link for all those political buffs that can give me some good insight. :-)

Overall though, school has been going really well. I was given the absolute best advice = view school as a job. In the end, you'll receive a large paycheck. With this perspective, it's actually helping me have a much more positive outlook on college. I was so burnt out from high school that when I entered college, I had just had it with schooling. But now, I look forward to my classes. I don't want to memorize the textbook. I want to learn, I want to expand my knowledge, I want to take all the information I will be given and actually apply it to my life. Two of my classes don't even have textbooks for those exact reasons. I'm stoked.

Here's to hoping I'm still this upbeat come finals week. lol

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You're going to help me with my political blog right Beth? ;)

Kate said...

Yay for a new outlook on university! Have fun creating your new blog and learning whole bunches of things. And here's to you and your new job, kid . . . ! :)

Michelle said...

lol Thanks Kate!

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love politics, so I'll be sure to comment ;)
I started one, that I never got around to posting on much called the "Sugar Shack, where nothing is sugar coated" lol!
How about "The Peanut Gallery" hahaha!

Michelle said...

LOVE IT MIMO! I'm going to use it if you don't mind. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Is it available?

Michelle said...

YES! WOOHOO!!!