I was holding my youngest today and I felt so much love for her. When I look at her I can't help but smile. She's so small, so precious, so innocent. She came straight from heaven. Then I began to think; Heavenly Father entrusted her into my care. Me! I was blessed with this little angel. Two beautiful angels!! I just love them so much that I want to do everything in my power to do what's best for them. Isn't that what most moms want? I love them so much more then I ever though possible. I feel priviledged to raise them. I know it's my responsibility to teach them, nurture them, and love them. I pray that I am always adequate enough to do so. I am so amazed on a daily basis the things my girls can do and what they know already at such a young age. Which reminds me of a recent event.
Not too long ago, we attended a cousin of mine's reception. I saw another cousin and his family that I hadn't seen in a long time. (I should note that every month I make a newsletter for this side of my family.) Well my cousin's wife walks up, and he introduces us again to her by saying "you remember, they have the Wonder Child." Referring to my oldest and the things we say about her in the newsletter. Then his wife says "ah yes the Wonder Child. Maybe she'll say something funny for us." Everyone laughed. Later my husband said they were making fun of us. The more I thought about it, the more I realized he was right. Every month I usually post all the new and fun things my girls do. Why should I not? Maybe there's a Family Newsletter 101 class I should have taken. But if we don't brag about our loved ones, who else are we going to tell? Maybe it's the time we're living in right now. Too many people think if you're bragging about your child then you're boasting about them. Then you get the moms who have to compare their child to yours. You know, the "oh yeah, top this" kind. Maybe I'm naive about it all. I think it would be easier to be happy for everyone and their children without having a hidden agenda.
I love my girls. I'm beyond proud of them. I enjoy talking about them and all they do. In the end, the only person who it really matters to is Heavenly Father. I want Him to be proud of me. I want Him to be pleased with me raising His children. I don't want to disappoint him. Everyone else can eat rocks. LOL
July 12, 2006
Straight from Heaven
Posted by
Michelle
at
8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Yup . . . everyone else CAN eat rocks . . . you cannot possibly please everyone . . . and would likely die in the attempt. That's the great secret Michelle . . . and you're so lucky to have learned it at a young age! :) *hugs*
Aww thanks Kate. You are so sweet. :)
Post a Comment