May 03, 2011

Murky mess

I worked on a crafty project over the weekend (shocking I know) and I'm pretty sure it made me sick. I really enjoyed doing it so I'm not complaining. But, I've learned a lesson. My craft was to make 25 blocks of wood, cut them to the right size, sand and paint them, mod podge on a picture, then add a bow. After two days and a lot of hours, I finished the blocks. They aren't as perfect looking as I would have liked (where I found the idea, she did an AWESOME job) but they were still pretty cute. But I made one mistake, sort of. When I was sanding and painting the blocks I made sure to do them outside and not in an enclosed space. There was even a slight breeze when I was working, so I thought I was doing everything right. No, not so much. I SHOULD have worn a mask to protect my mouth and nose and I SHOULD have worn goggles to protect my eyes. The sawdust wasn't as bad as the spray paint though. My face especially took a long time to get clean and TMI, my nose in particular. If it was in my nose, it got into my system, no doubt. But, I didn't think it was too bad until the end of the day. My head started to hurt and I felt like I was spinning. By late evening my throat was killing me and it felt like my head was going to explode. By Sunday I was completely sick. BUT my blocks were done and I'm proud of myself for finishing them. I'll post pics on my other blog soon if you want to see them!

No comments: