June 06, 2010

Trying to do better

I don't do well with little sleep. I never have, even when I was a child. But yet, I try to push the limit. I find myself staying up too late, too often. When I was doing my rotations for school I always made sure to go to bed early. Hmm, maybe that was the difference. With school, I HAD to go to bed early because you can't be tired at work. Well you can, but it's not very professional lol. But when I'm home and not working, if I stay up late the next day it's ok. I can stay in my jammies all day long and no one would even know lol!

But even at home it's not good to be tired all the time. How fun is it for the kids if mom is too tired to play with them? Or too tired to think of new and fun things to do with them? Or too tired to get out of the house and go to the park? Not much fun being around mom at all when she's that way. So, I've decided I'll start going to bed by 10pm. That gives me a few hours to study without interruptions from my children who will already be asleep. Plus, going to bed early means I'll get a little more sleep when I have to get up anyway during the night to nurse the baby. So it's a good thing for for me and my children. Now I just have to do it lol!

No comments: