November 25, 2009

Thankful Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for! Here are just some of my blessings. :)

My Heavenly Father - I'm thankful for a kind, generous, loving, and forgiving Father in heaven. I would not be where I am today without His help and strength. I've had many days where I've felt completely exhausted and down trodden, but He's always been there to help me through. An despite my many shortcomings, He continues to miraculously bless me and my family! He has truly played a hand in my life and I'm so thankful He has!

My family - My family is my strength too. I could not have asked for a better husband or better children. I wish I was more like my husband. He's constantly giving and helping our family despite the loads of responsibility he has. I still wonder how I was blessed with such a good and honorable man. My children are also so amazing. They really are good kids, through and through! The things they do that make me laugh and smile blow me away. They are so innocent and perfect and beautiful. I'm so honored to be able to raise them! I count my blessings everyday for my family!

My pregnancy - It's taken, what's felt like, a long time to get pregnant again. While I haven't felt the happiest during this pregnancy, I'm very thankful TO BE pregnant. People have asked me if I'm disappointed to be having another girl and really, I'm not. I can hardly stand waiting another 10 weeks to be able to hold my sweet angel in my arms! I'm excited my girls will be getting a new sister. I know that having three girls will only bless our home!

My home - I love our home. It's not just because it's the nicest we've lived in but because of what we make it to be. From the pictures on the walls to how we have things organized, this is my home. I love to be here and spend time with my family. I love having a roof over my head, protecting my children. Our home is good and I feel at peace in it.

My food - When my girls get picky about their dinner I often remind them that so many people go without food and that they should be grateful to have any at all. I don't just say that to make them be quiet, I say it so that we all remember how truly grateful we are to be eating anything at all. I'm not a fancy or grand cook by any means, but we have plenty of food to eat. I may not always know what I'm going to fix for dinner, but I have food in my cupboards to sustain us. I am humbled to be blessed so abundantly!

My friends - I don't have a lot of really good friends but that's ok. The close ones I do have, I'm so very thankful for. It's nice knowing that if I have a question or a problem, I can go to them. Whether I need to let out my frustrations or brag about a recent accomplishment, I can do that with my friends. They really do care about me and my life and at the end of a hard day, knowing that, makes me feel better.

My schooling - I'm very thankful to be in a college program that I love. It hasn't been an easy program but I really do love it! I love being able to learn and grow in this program. I've often told my husband that this program has made me a better me. It not only has taught me specifics things for my degree but for life as well. While I never expected that, I'm grateful for it.

My cars - Hubby and I were talking just recently about what we would do if we didn't have any cars. We were talking about biking to and from the store and how we'd do that with our children. I'm glad we haven't come to that. We have not one, but two, really good cars that take care of all our needs and wants. We've never had any major problems with them and being students, that's a huge blessing! I feel safe in my cars and I know my family is safe. It's a great feeling!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FELLOW BLOGGERS AND FRIENDS!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great list -- thanks for the good read. Happy Thanksgiving!