March 20, 2009

Low-fat Orange Dream Cheesecake

A few days ago, I was in the mood for something sweet, that wasn't too unhealthy. I pulled out my laptop and began to scour for low fat recipes. I settled on this one, from Kraftfoods.com because it looked and sounded pretty yummy. I like cheesecake but don't make it very often because my hips don't need any more love. :D So, seeing this recipe was low-fat, it made me feel better about making it. And I did. And it was pretty yummy. Not something I loved but it was pretty good and a nice change from the normal style cheesecakes I usually make. Here's the recipe:


Low-fat Orange Dream Cheesecake

1 HONEY MAID Honey Graham, crushed (I used 4 graham crackers)
2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Orange Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN 2% Milkfat Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

Sprinkle crumbs onto bottom of 8- or 9-inch springform pan (I used a 9" round cake pan) sprayed with cooking spray.

Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Cool 5 min.; pour into blender. Add cheeses; blend well. Pour into large bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping. Pour into prepared pan; smooth top.

Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Remove rim of pan before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.



No comments: