January 29, 2008

This is why we have children

Sure, we sometimes have rough days, but most of my parenting days are wonderful. Little Miss J has been so cute recently and I want to share a fun glimpses into my parenthood. I love this girl!

1. We weren't introduced until today, but apparently there's a puppy living with us. It's a boy, he's green, and his name is Charky (um, ok). He escaped from view a few times and caused a serious dilemma for my three year old, but thankfully he's safe and sound now. I don't think I ever had an imaginary friend so this to me is priceless.

2. Today was her first trip to the dentist and for the most part, she did pretty well. The lady helping us was so sweet showing Miss J every tool they would use to clean her teeth. Mr. Slurpie became the favorite as she got a kick out of putting it in her mouth. When it came time to clean her teeth they were only able to get four done, which was fine. We'll go back in a few weeks and finish up. I was really proud of her and I even found out that she has ticklish teeth like her mommy.

3. "Mom, if there's anything you need, just let me know." I stopped in my tracks, jaw dropped, and responded with, "well, we do need to clean up your room." Her reply, "oh, ok!!" That was pure heaven.

I'm so blessed. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Awwww So cute!!!! I swear, you have the cutest little girls!

Jill said...

Kids can come up with the funniest things, they have the best imaginations! Both of your girls are so sweet and adorable...I can't wait till Mr. E is that age...so fun!

Beth said...

Your dentist story is encouraging. I have been dreading taking Logan to the dentist after the screaming fit that was his three-year-well-visit at the doctor's. :-P

I love your third story! What a sweet girl you have.