Yesterday was such a wonderful day. We took the girls to the mall because Elmo was supposed to be there. Turns out they had this huge family day event going on as well. There were many booths throughout the mall where we picked up information packets, coloring books, and whole list of other things. Home Depot was also there and we were given two projects to take home. One is a wood plastic bag holder and the other a little tool box. Hubby and the girls started on the plastic bag holder last night and this week we will paint it. We did end up seeing Elmo and my oldest couldn't have been happier. The baby's eyes were huge when she saw him but she was happy too. They also got to see the State Farm bear and McGruff the dog. I'm glad we went. :)
Today, has not been such a good day. We were late to church. Then someone made a comment to me while at church and I felt really bad, they didn't intend it that way but it was one of those I-could-really-kick-myself moments. Then my hubby left again today for work. On top of that, I just received an email from the lady that took our dog last year. One of her kids has cancer again and now they are wondering if they can keep Cuddles or if they have to find her a new home. They anticipate being gone a lot for chemo treatments. I feel awful about what they have to go through the next few years but I also worry about *my* dog. (I hope that doesn't sound insensitive.) I wish I could take her back even temporarily. I hope between her and I we can figure something out so she doesn't have to find a new home.
Anyway. I'm off to take a nap. Naps make things better. :)
May 06, 2007
It's raining, it's pouring, I should be snoring...
Posted by
Michelle
at
10:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
You got to see Elmo?! That is the coolest!! I mean, uhhh, I bet that was really fun for your girls. :-D
I'm sorry about your bummer day today. Just having your hubby leave again for an extended amount of time would be enough to do me in. I hope it's better now -- naps do make things better!
I'm glad you all had such a fun day at the mall but I'm sorry you are having a bad day today. :-( I hope you had a good nap! ((HUGS))
I completely spaced out the mall thing lol, I wish I'd remembered, sounds like fun.
Sorry you didn't have a good day today (((hugs))) Let me know if I can help you with anything :)
Beth - LOL! It wasn't the real Elmo, sorry to burst your bubble. It was someone dressed up in a bigger Elmo costume. Next time I'll remember to invite you. ;)
Stacey - I did have a good nap, thanks!
Kara - Thanks for the hugs. :)
Are you sure he wasn't real? I bet it was one of those Santa Impersonators... they're everywhere ya know.
Sorry you had a bummer encounter today... want me to smack them down? I would for you, you know ;) Glad you had a good nap. (((HUGS))) Hope the next few weeks fly by for you!
I personally hate Elmo! Sorry to burst your bubble! Naps rock, I had one today, made a huge difference. Of course I prolly wont sleep tonight! I would take your dog if I was allowed :) Hang in there Michelle, you have friends that care about you that you can call anytime things get rough! :)
Mimo - well he was wearing red and did seem awfully cheery..... ;) No, the person doesn't need a smack down but if someone does, I know who to call! You for the smack down and Gina for the dreaded Ankle-bite.
Gina - Elmo can get annoying. The few months we had PBS I wasn't sure I could take anymore Elmo's World but there's a game online that my girls enjoy playing so it was worth it to see their happy faces. :) Glad you got a nap! Thanks for offering to take my dog. I really wish I could. You are right, I do have some great friends. :)
Hey Michelle, I tagged you for a meme on my blog. Go there for details.
Post a Comment