May 14, 2007

Cheesy Potatoes

This is what I came up with for my crockpot meal. I had potatoes, cheese, cream of chicken, and sour cream. It didn't sound too shabby so I threw them all together. Here's kind of an idea of what I did:

Peeled and thinly sliced 5-6 potatoes and put them in my greased crockpot. Then I added about 4-5 oz of medium cheddar cheese on top. In a bowl, I mixed one can of cream of chicken and half a container of sour cream together. I spooned that mixture over the top of the cheese. Prior experience proves that it's not usually a good idea to put cheese on top, it's better to put something on top of the cheese. I cooked this on high for 3 1/2 hours and it was delicious so I wanted to share. :)

5 comments:

Kara said...

Yum, that's almost like the potatoes Nate makes, except his are shredded and theres onion mixed in too, it's all mixed together. Mmm, yours sound good, I might have to try it sometime.

Beth said...

Mmm, that sounds yummy ... and if I don't tell DH, maybe he'll let me get away with the sour cream (he thinks he doesn't like it). :-)

Michelle said...

Beth - I couldn't even taste the sour cream. So you can surprise him. :D

Stacey said...

Mmm that sounds delish!

Jen said...

YUMMY! Thanks for the idea!