We have had a wonderful day! It's been long and tiring, but a lot of fun. It started early this morning, about 1am. The girls have been sick with fevers over 102 and were up most of the night. (Ok, that part wasn't exactly fun.) I got up just after 7 and tried to make it to my 8am class. The girls were pretty grumpy bless their little hearts, but I did manage to get out the door.
8am philosophy can be hard to swallow but I managed to stay awake through most of it. ;) I think my teacher forgot to button up his shirt all the way, about 4 buttons were undone so we could see all his gray chest hairs. It was not amusing. (Of course now it kind of is lol.) Anyway, 9am psychology didn't go any better. I think I slept and did the head bob for 15 minutes. I believe we were talking about behavior and Freud and sexual theories something something.
I headed to the library after that to study. An hour later I went to meet with my lab teacher to go over some homework. She was conveniently in a meeting then two other students asked her questions so I didn't get to her for an hour. Bleh. I headed home after that and the traffic was insane. I've never seen it so congested on a day like today. They probably had goldfish to feed.
Anyway, I get home and there was a party going on at my house. Kara and her boys were over as was my MIL. After being attacked by my children and trying to catch up with everyone, I realized no one had had lunch. So we picked up the toys and started to throw something together. Trying to feed 4 kids, ages 2 and under is quite the ordeal. I would have never thought to have strawberries and macaroni and cheese together. (Well not together, we did have them one at a time lol.)
Then we had to get ready for an Easter egg hunt that I put on for my apartment complex. It was so much fun! We had 18 kids and over 100 eggs. The girls got a real kick out of picking the eggs up. My oldest was so funny, she would pick one up and then stop. She was content with just one egg until we told her that yes, she could pick up more. It was a big hit, we want to do another one next year.
After the little egg hunt excursion, along with some friends and neighbors, we all went out to my MIL's to see her 11 new baby lambs and their dog. She has a huge backyard, toys, and of course all the animals which the kids loved. My husband and I got into a water fight. He was so mean too. Here I only dumped a little water on him from a cup. Then he got a pitcher of water from his mom and dumped it on me! In front of everyone! Stinker. We stayed probably an hour before coming home.
The girls were wiped so they napped. My oldest's fever came back so she stayed with my dh and I took the baby with me to Kara's house for a BBQ. I love barbecuing, especially with a good friend like Kara. :)
So yes, now I'm beat and need to go to bed. It's been a busy week and I haven't been on much. Tomorrow will be just as busy as we have two more Easter egg hunts and we need to get my husband ready to leave on Sunday. I need to remember to breathe, as my mom would tell me. :)
April 06, 2007
Not a lot of time
Posted by
Michelle
at
9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Yes, it was a very good day :)
Post a Comment