March 29, 2007

We were hit head on...

With a full blown tantrum. Today was the real thing and it was a doozy. My oldest has throw fits before but nothing like this. For about eight minutes we watched as she laid on the floor, kicked, screamed, thrashed, and rolled around. It was very dramatic and quite impressive. Being the good parents we are, we kept doing what we were doing and tried not to let her see us laugh.

Ok, maybe it wasn't the best thing for us to laugh, but you had to have seen it. It was way over the top. She'd abruptly stop and be fine then start up again. She finally stopped and now is happy as a clam. I think more are to come. It's soooo hard to be 2. ;)

6 comments:

Kara said...

LOL what was she throwing a fit about?

Rosie said...

It must be in the air today! My angel boy had one of those fits also! He has never done it before! I hope that he doesn't make it a habit!!

Michelle said...

Kara - she was mad because she wouldn't eat lunch so we told her it was time for bed. That passed and then she was mad we wouldn't pick her up off the floor while she was throwing her fit. The good thing though, after her tantrum she was beyond ready for a nap! lol

rosie - I'm sorry your angel had a devilish moment today too! They are hard. Hopefully they won't have them too often.

Dawn said...

I have the hardest time not laughing during a huge tantrum too, I think they're hilarious! LOL

Why does your song make me think of Ross and Rachel from Friends? Totally random, LOL.

Kate said...

Way to make me have a heart-attack with that post title . . .
I hope that the tantrums are few and far between for you! But I agree, being 2 is hard!
*HUGS* for you and her!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Sometimes to keep from losing your mind you have to see the humor in things. Glad you can see it in this. My Joy just started to stomp her feet when upset, it's so funny! Her legs are so short and stubby and her cry is so quiet and sweet, then to add the stomping that almost makes her fall over, silly.