March 13, 2007

This is for me

After today, I know I want to be a physical therapy assistant. It was incredible to watch first hand what they do. I also watched the physical therapy technicians work and I know that's not something for me because they did the same four things all day. Whereas the PTA did those four, plus stretching and strengthening exercises. I didn't understand half of what the PTA was saying about what exactly she was doing. She kept referring to this and that muscle and this and that bone and this and that tendon, all of which I'm sure I'll eventually understand.

It was really fascinating, I loved it. Everyone I worked with was so nice and helpful. Two are actually in the PTA program now and that was great to hear what to expect when I get there. Loved it, loved it, loved it! These 40 hours are going to be awesome!

6 comments:

Kara said...

That's great! I'm so glad you are doing something you will enjoy!

Michelle said...

Thank you Kara.

Rich said...

Thats awesome I'm so glad that it went so well for you. You go girl! :-)

Erin Faye said...

That is awesome. It is great when we can do something we really enjoy. Makes life easier.

Beth said...

What an awesome feeling! I'm so glad for you!!

Kate said...

Isn't it nice to know what you want to be "when you grow up"? I wish I could figure it out! lol