March 01, 2007

I tried

For the first time in eight years and two children later, I played a 40 minute game of basketball tonight, full court. It was both good and not so good. I tried, I really did. I was wiped and had to call timeout twice but it was nice to be playing again. It didn't help that I was the only married person there with children. Actually no one there was even married, just a bunch of whipper snappers. I couldn't keep up well but I managed to get about 8 points. I did receive a nice compliment from a gentleman managing the scoreboard, he said that even though I was beat tired I kept on running. I tried. There were a handful of guys watching us play who were jerks not very nice and said somethings to me but I still gave it my all. It was kind of funny because I knew what I was doing wrong before anyone said anything. I may be *old* but I'm not dumb. Maybe I'll go next week. I need to find a married ward to play with. ;)

6 comments:

Kate said...

Nice to get a workout in like that! :) I haven't played ball since I was in the MTC I think . . . gosh! That's been a LONG time! LOL
And hey! You are SOOO not allowed to call yourself "old" . . . what would that make ME?? "ANCIENT"??? LOL

Ginabear said...

Ummm, ditto to what Kate said! YOU are not old! And why didnt you tell me you went and played when we talked last night? Thats so awesome! I am glad you went! Keep going though, you will feel much better each time you go. I remember feeling like I was gonna die after my first time back but now, I could run all night! And I AM ANCIENT!! LOL

Kara said...

Sounds fun, I wish i could get out and play sports :) And you got 8 points, that's good! The most I ever got in a basketball game was 4, and that was the only game I even scored in lol :D

Michelle said...

Kate - you are not allowed to call yourself ancient!

Gina - I know I will feel better the next time I go. Hopefully my own stake will have people so at least I know who I will be playing with.

Kara - 4 points is great! We do our best and that's all we can do. Doesn't your ward have sports for women?

Anonymous said...

*Mimo feeling really old and out of shape*
That's great that you went! I knew you were thinking about it. I'm glad you did. Now let your competitive spirit come out and give those perky youngens a workout! :D

Michelle said...

See that's the problem, theirs ARE perky and mine are cantaloupes. *cry*