Today in clinic, a gentleman came in with a hole in his neck. I'm not sure how, but he had cancer in his throat and in one shoulder. Anytime he wanted to talk, he had to press a lever-like thing that went into his throat which gave him air that allowed him to speak. It was pretty gross, so naturally I had to look. You could see pretty far back if you looked just right. He amazingly had a great sense of humor. I'm counting my blessings I haven't had to go through that. It reminded me of a poem:
One day at a time-
this is enough.
Do not look back
and grieve over the past,
for it is gone;
and do not be troubled
about the future,
for it has not yet come.
Live in the present,
and make it so beautiful
that it will be worth remembering.
Ida Scott Taylor
March 14, 2007
Be grateful
Posted by
Michelle
at
8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That's a great poem, I need to remember that more :) Maybe I'll print it out and tape it over my computer screen lol
I like that poem. I should print it out too.
I've really been trying to do that lately. With so many people dying or trying to die around me, It's made me realize how little I am doing to "live in the moment".
Post a Comment