December 02, 2006

A Week of Success

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Whew, what a week. I did finish my speech and I think I did pretty well on it. I was going to work on it over the holiday break but I remember my teacher telling us we had to wait for an email from her about the demographics of our class. We had to pick a topic that would persuade our audience so we needed the demographic information to know what to talk on. Anyway, my teacher didn't give us the information until this past Monday. Which left me two days to do an 8-10 minute speech. Needless to say, I was freaking out a little. But I was very blessed and finished it in time and even had a chance to let my teacher review it beforehand. My speech was on how important it is to keep our teeth and gums healthy and a huge thanks goes out to Mimo for helping me with my handout. She made little teeth with some information on it. I cut them out, strung floss through them and handed them out as reminders for my classmates.

Then I had two days to write a 4-6 page essay for another class. It was a film analysis of the movie "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" which I chose. Fabulous movie to see if you haven't. I love Sidney Poitier. Again, I had planned to do this over the holiday but I let myself enjoy the break instead of doing homework. So I was planning on starting it Wednesday but ended up taking a break because I was so tired after my speech. So that just left Thursday. It was pretty crazy because my children were sick and I had a hard time finding time to work on it. But yet another blessing came and in 2 1/2 hours I started and finished a 5 page essay. I was truly, truly grateful.

One more essay and I finished my week of homework. Thankfully, my government teacher told us we wouldn't have anymore quizzes. That was music to my ears! Now I just need to finish up my other blog and then come finals. Overall, I've had a pretty good semester. I've enjoyed my classes for the most part and I've done pretty darn well in all of them. Two finals I'm a little uneasy about but the other two I don't have any worries. I know I've been busy and I'm sorry I haven't responded to everyone's blogs, I'll get to them all soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was a successful week Michelle! I hope your finals will go well too! *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get it all done. I hope I didn't distract you from you homework. Good luck with finals!

Anonymous said...

Good luck girl!!! We're all rootin' for ya! :) Hope you get a little time before school starts to play some pool! ;)