November 13, 2006

This used to be fun

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I can still remember registering for classes my first year of college years ago. I thought it was fun to pick all my own classes! But now it feels like more work. The first day of registration is today so I'm trying to figure out what to take. I've narrowed down my list of majors to radiographic science or physical therapy assistant. I'm leaning towards being a PTA. So I've been gathering information on what prerequisites I need to get into these programs. So far, here are some problems I'm running into.

First, my husband's job just extended him to the end of January. Technically he has 3 weeks of paid vacation he can take at that time, but whether or not they will let him is in question. If they allow him to take the time off, he can go to school. If he does, then I won't take as many credits. If he is unable to take the time off, then I can take more credits. So I figure I'll just sign up for more classes and if need be, I'll drop some later.

Second, one of the prerequisites is for a goal that I've already fulfilled. I'm hoping they say the class I've already taken will count, that way I don't have to add on another 3 credits. Oh how nice that would be!

Third, another prereq they listed is listed incorrectly. The course number and the title don't match. If it's the right course number, I may run into a problem because it's only offered at night. If my husband stays working, then I won't be able to go. If he can take the time off, then I can take this course. But it would be easier if the name of class is right instead, because then I could take it in the mornings and I wouldn't have to worry about it interfering with my husband's schedule.

Fourth, the PTA program starts in the Fall so if I can get all these prereq's in before then, I don't have to wait another year before applying. This is contingent on them accepting me of course where they only accept 20 people each year.

You know, just typing my thoughts is making me feel better about the whole thing. Hopefully no one is bored to tears. There's so much to think about when it comes to schooling. I just pray that I'm making the right choices. On a brighter note, I did sign up for a swing dance class! That class is usually full right away so I'm stoked. I don't think it will be too much fun if I'm pregnant by next year though. lol So we'll have to see about that one. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto.

Hey that dance class sounds fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Good luck straightening it out! And remember, you have a babysitter here if you need me :D That swing dance class sounds like a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your classes. Hmmm, reading your stresses kind of makes me not want to deal with school, lol. I remember back in the day when I wasnt sooo old, swing dancing was soooo much fun! I miss those days! Maybe when I get my body back I will start up again! Good luck!!