November 19, 2006

I did it!


I figured out how to put music on my blog. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! I hope everyone likes the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. These are two of my favorites. :)

Also, thanks to Kara for giving me the site to add a snifty calendar to my blog too. I like making fun changes.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my computer would let me hear the music, but it won't cuz it won't let me install the plugin :P But I LOVE trans-siberian orchestra!

Michelle said...

I don't know what happened. I'll play around with it. Did you figure out how to do it Lorie?

Michelle said...

Ok, it works now. :)

Michelle said...

You'll need to refresh the page Lorie. :)

Anonymous said...

pleeeeeese tell me how - I want to do that too...

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. Now I feel festive. :)

Michelle said...

Welcome east of oregon and it's good to see you Rachel!

east of oregon - here's how to add music to your blog.

First go to http://www.bestaudiocodes.com/ Click on audio codes towards the top left. Search for the artist and song you want. When you find the song, click on it and it will start playing. Then click, "Add to Playlist." Find as many songs as you would like, making sure to keep selecting "Add to Playlist" for each one. When you're done, go to the top where it says PlayList. Click on that and it will show you all your songs. Select and the order you want them to play in and click update order. Then click generate codes.

A new window will pop up saying if you're ready for your code, say yes. Another window comes up with your code at the bottom. I didn't want my video to actually show up on my blog, so I made sure there weren't any check marks by "show controls" "show video" and "display title" but you can leave the checks if you want them. When you done with that copy and paste the WHOLE code at the bottom.

Then go into your blog where you create posts and at the top where it says "template" click on that. There's probably more areas where you can put your code, but here's where I put mine.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom. Blogger won't let me copy and paste all the symbols for this area so I had to put them in quotes, but you should get the jist of it.

You'll see, "End #content" and above that "End #footer" and above that "Begin #footer" and above that
"div"

"End #sidebar"

RIGHT ABOVE that "div" I put my code in. Then you save your template changes, republish your blog and the music should play. I tried to explain that step by step. Let me know if you have any trouble. :)

Anonymous said...

I could have told you about the music, all you had to do was ask ;)
If you want the music to keep playing while people make comments, you need to go into your Settings: Comments, and mark "yes" for Show Comment in pop up window. Then people can still listen while they comment ;)

Michelle said...

Thanks Mimo! I was wondering how to do that. :)