October 27, 2006

Thank you Beth

She's the one that roped me into doing this. *wink* (I love ya Beth!) But I am here to forewarn you all, this may not be pretty.

10 Weird Things About Me

1. I was taller than everyone, including my teachers until 7th grade. I remember my first grade teacher telling me I was in the wrong class. Boy was she surprised that yes, I was indeed in her class. In 7th grade, there was one boy taller than me. At first I wasn't happy that I was no longer the tallest person in my class, but after awhile I kind of had a crush on him. lol It's sad, I know.

2. I really wanted to go to my senior prom. When it looked like no one would ask me, I asked someone myself. My thought process was, "this is my senior prom! I have to go! I had so much fun at my junior prom that my senior prom should be even better!" Oh dear no. The guy I asked was a friend I had known for a few years. He was completely self centered all night. When someone would say he looked nice, he would say "Oh I do don't I?" Arrrgggghhhh! Drove me insane. I paid for everything too. After I dropped him off, yes I picked him up, I went home crying. What a jerk. Still is. ;) But my junior prom was a blast so I have those good memories. :)

3. For some reason, people with messed up eyebrows slightly bothers me. Yes, I'm really weird. I don't mean the people who "paint" their eyebrows on. But if you have really bushy eyebrows or even semi bushy, and all the little hairs are sticking out every which way, drives me nuts. I'm always rubbing my husband's down, although I haven't done it in quite awhile. It's really silly I know, but I think it really detracts from a person's face.

4. If you're going to lie to me or say something mean, tell me right away, the first time. It really irritates me when someone waits until later to tell the truth. For me, it actually hurts more for you to tell me later than right up front, not to mention you don't have to fester over it for days on end. FYI.

5. After I wash my hair, I have to clean my ears out with a cotton swab. Oh the joy it brings! If you've never tried it, you should. Be careful of course, you don't want to go back too far into your ear canal and hurt yourself. But seriously, it feels so good to get that inner deep cleaning after my hair has been washed. Pure heaven.

6. I'll be thinking about something that happened to me in the past and while I'm thinking of it, I'll start to silently repeat what I said at that time. Then on top of that, I'll start making the same gestures I did then too. While this is going on, sometimes I feel like I'm actually back there re-enacting the same thing. It's hard to explain. I'm just odd. lol

7. I had braces in high school. (No, that's not the weird part.) The weird thing is, I LOVED my braces. I didn't have the silver ones, I wanted the gold ones. After all, they were the same price. :) So anyway, I just thought they were fun to have. It was fun to change the band colors, especially around the holidays. They weren't fun to clean, but I still enjoyed them. Probably because I knew they would fix all my crooked teeth. When I had them taken off, I was a bit sad. My teeth looked great though. Yay for braces!! (If you're going to get braces, get gold. They're much cooler.)

8. I can pop my knuckles, which may not be weird per se. But I can also pop one toe knuckle on each foot. (Now that I've grossed you all out lol).

9. Soon, I will have moved six times in four years. Yes, we're crazy.

10. Now for the grand finale! *drum roll* I never wanted to give birth to children. When I was in high school, we watched two birthing videos, one vaginal, the other by c-section. I was so grossed out, I couldn't get up out of my desk for 5 minutes after class. I was sick to my stomach. I swore to my teacher I would ADOPT children after that point. She laughed at me. Seriously, I was set on it. "Who could go through that?" I thought. When we were married, I wasn't 100% towards adoption but still heavily leaning towards it. Then when it came time for us to have kids, I was still pretty nervous but I figured I could get through it with this miracle called an epidural. It only worked on half of me though. Then with baby number two, I felt empowered that "I really can do this!" So I went all natural, yay! Now I'm like "having kids isn't too bad, I could do this more often!" LOL So there you have it.

Ok, now who shall I tag? I think I'll tag, Mimo, Tammy, and Kara. So chop chop girls, let's hear about how weird you are. ;) Don't leave me hanging.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! I hope I'm not one of those people with crazy eyebrows, I know they are horrible but I try to keep them under control! :D Now I'll have to think of some weird things about me, hmmm.

Michelle said...

Kara - your eyebrows do not bother me. No worries. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL Kara, my dh's eyebrows bug her I bet! LOL! I should show you how really bad they are. I have many times found them curling around and poking him in the eye. I usually try to trim them when I cut his hair, but they grow back so fast! So they have been worse than they are in his graduation pictures. My Josh has inherited them I think. I think he's going to be a very hairy guy... he's got a lot of peach fuzz on his back too :o
As for the list *Mimo runs screaming from Michelle's blog* Ali Ali Oxen Free!!!!

Anonymous said...

ER uh... not sure what I was thinking... that should be Olie Olie in free! ROFL

Michelle said...

Beth - You don't have anything to worry about either. You have very cute eyebrows.

Mimo - LOL! You'd better work on that list. Or no more pool for you.