October 24, 2006

I got married!

Yay me! LOL Well technically, I've been married for four years. But since my husband quit his second job, I feel like we just got married again. I actually get to see him! He gets to spend time with his children! We actually have family time! We actually have Sundays together without worrying about work or him having to go to bed early! I'm still in shock about the whole thing, it's very surreal.

For the past year and a half, my husband worked two jobs. The latter 10 months, both were full time. I didn't realize how big of an impact this was on our family until now. So much stress is gone. Before, it felt like we were on separate playing fields, separate teams, separate sports. Now we're on the same field, same team, same sport. I LOVE IT! So much stress have been alleviated. I feel like I can breathe again.

My husband has been so sweet. Today, he got up with the kids at 6:30, which is early for them. Even though he hasn't fully adjusted to this "new schedule" he got up with them, no complaints and told me to stay in bed and rest. I slept in until 8:30! I never sleep in! He's been getting the girls and me breakfast, getting them ready. He plays with them and is helping our oldest learn her shapes and numbers and alphabet.

But he hasn't stopped there. He has been helping with the everyday household chores! I keep telling him I'm shocked and both loving his help. He said, get this, that he's actually "happy" that now he can help me more around the house! *cry* I have been so touched by his actions and kindness. I have missed him so much. Despite the worry over finances with only one job, this makes up for that. I love being married. I am truly, truly blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Awwww, sounds like it's been a good move for everyone! :) I'm so glad it's working out so nicely.
You're a lucky woman. If my dh had time off, his butt would grow roots into his recliner, hahaha!

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary! Nice to feel like a newlywed again . . . may the feeling last forever! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of you, your DH is too sweet :P I wish mine was like that. When mine has time off he watches TV or sleeps in or something not helpful. I'm glad you are enjoying it though, I'm so happy that you get to have more family time and he gets to sleep like a normal person lol.