September 13, 2006

Backpacks

Since going back to school, I've found it interesting to look at what types of backpacks people are wearing. There's the people without backpacks, perhaps they think they are too cool for one? Then there's those that wear just the one strap backpacks. Usually seen worn by girls, but some guys have them. Then there's the two strap backpacks, like the one I have. Then there's the people with backpacks that are more like suitcases because they have wheels and you drag them on the ground. The suitcase like ones I mostly see older people using.

Then there's the style of backpacks. Most are pretty simple, the normal black and blue. A few reds and pinks but not many. Mine is purple. So what does this say about a person I wonder? Maybe the darker colored ones, the people don't want them to stand out so they don't stand out? Then the opposite, those that are bright colors that do stand out, is that that person's intent to stand out amongst the crowd? I saw a guy with Superman on his one strap backpack, my guess is he likes Superman. When I bought mine, I thought it looked nice, not boring, and it was big enough for my books. Simple as that.

But I know it's not that simple for most people. I remember in grade school what kind of backpack you had made you "cool." I always looked forward to a new year where I would get a new backpack. So exciting! Ok, that's my rambling thought for the day. LOL

2 comments:

Kate said...

interesting thoughts . . . James takes a backpack to work, and of course Christopher has a backpack for his school stuff. They were both considering getting new ones for the start of the new "year", and I was wondering when *I* could get a new backpack? Not that I NEED one! So maybe you're right . . . maybe it is a status/personality thing? :)

Anonymous said...

I think your purple one gives you personality and makes you look peppy! :)