I couldn't even tell you the last vacation we've been on. I mean a real vacation. Not just going to see family for the weekend, kind of vacation. Maybe our last one was before we had children, almost four years ago. I think that was it. On the spur of the moment we decided to go to Seattle, Washington. We had so much fun! Now that was a vacation!
This week, we've decided to head out of town for a real vacation before school starts. We need some family time together and a vacation is a great way to do that! Don't get your hopes up, we're not going anywhere really exotic or anything, just to Utah. But I've been happily surprised that there are many fun places to visit in Utah. My husband has planned out our three day, two night, trip, down to the hour of every single day. I'm very impressed. We'll even have time to visit either the Salt Lake temple or the Jordan River temple. I'm so excited! I've never been inside either. Well that's not true, I did go to a sealing in the Jordan River temple, but never an actual session. So I'm looking forward to that.
So today we went looking for our temple recommends. We recently had them renewed but failed to remember where we put them. I began to get discouraged because we couldn't find them anywhere. Then my mind began to think of silly reasons why we couldn't find them. Maybe I'm not worthy enough to go? Maybe this is a sign we shouldn't go? Will the bishop even be able to get us new recommends in such a short period of time? Will he all of a sudden say "I'm sorry you're not spiritual enough to go." Then my husband found his. Yay! But we could not find mine. We had our bedtime prayer together and my husband prayed that we would find my recommend. I didn't really believe it though, stupid me.
The reason being we misplaced one set of scriptures and I thought my recommend was put in there after we got it renewed. We hadn't been able to find that set for weeks so why would today make any difference? I felt awful but my husband was resilient and kept on searching, now through our closet. I told him more than once that I had just cleaned the closet and I didn't see the scriptures. I almost cried because we weren't finding anything. How could I have lost something so important? Or was it not that important enough to me so I didn't care what happened to it? But then my husband found it! I was so happy! I immediately felt bad that I didn't have faith that Heavenly Father would help us find my recommend. He does answer prayers even if we don't think He will. I know my recommend is important to me, I do value it a great deal. I have missed and longed going to the temple. I'm very grateful we found my recommend so we can go this week. Yet another blessing!!
We are going to have the best vacation I just know it. It will be wonderful spending so much time together as a family before school starts. Happy, happy, happy! That's me! Happy, happy, happy!!
August 13, 2006
In need of a vacation!
Posted by
Michelle
at
9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
We will go to Seattle again! Then I can meet you! I should keep it in my wallet. I'm going to put it there now. :)
You are 100% right Beth. I usually do really well when Satan tries to put those thoughts in my head. I have my off days. :)
Post a Comment