Today started out really well. The girls were up around 8. Dh came home and the first thing he asked was if I needed help with the dog and garbages being taken out. Then I cleaned my whole bathroom top to bottom. I felt like I was on cloud 9 today! Then the girls and I went over to Kara's house and just hung out. We came home, both girls napped at the same time. Which meant I had a nap too. Then I remembered I had to make a phone call. A phone call to put our dog Cuddles up for sale in the newspaper. It was the hardest phone call I've ever made. I was teary-eyed afterwards. I think it finally hit me that this is for real. I know that overall it is the best thing for her. It's just not fair to her, she needs more room to run and play. Not to mention the baby is a little allergic to the dog hair. But still I can't help feeling a little guilty. Cuddles has been a member of our family since before our oldest was born. We brought her home the day before Christmas. She was curled up in a ball on dh's shoulder on the way to her new home that day. She was our first "baby." The cutest little legs and the cutest little face. She melted everyone's heart. It's like giving a family member away. I could never give my children away. I mean yes children are expensive and hard to deal with sometimes, but you don't just give them up yk? But Cuddles is a dog and some say that's different than if it was your own child. But you know, in a lot of ways it's the same thing. She really has been a member of our family. Sadly, I have to put the needs of my girls first though. We're running out of money for dog food and shots and medicine for her. I feel so awful about it. My husband keeps telling me this is really what's best for her, that it won't be easy but it's for the best. A part of me knows that, but I still feel bad about it. I've had two dogs in my life, both I've given up due to my circumstance. What kind of person am I? I feel horrible. How can I do this to an innocent animal when they only thing she's ever wanted is to be loved? I pray we can find a good, loving, better home for Cuddles. She deserves it.
July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
I'm so sorry :( I hope you find a really good home for her.
Post a Comment