So today was the 5th Sunday. Usually I'm not a big fan of the 5th Sunday, just because for some reason I don't find the talks during that time very interesting. I know, it's probably my fault. So yesterday I was thinking, maybe I'll fake a stomach ache so we don't go. LOL But I knew better so I decided that yes, we would go today. It was interesting because I was doing fine until about 40 minutes before we were to leave. All of a sudden I felt like I was going to throw up. My mom, who was in town, immediately said I was pregnant. I corrected her of course because I'm not. But it literally came out of no where! I ran to the bathroom then had to lay down because I felt so sick. But everyone else was ready and they were all waiting on me. So I was determined to go. Looking back I now realize that Satan didn't want me to go, that's why I was so sick, so suddenly. He did not want me to experience what I did today.
I had an absolute;y amazing time at church! First we had sacrament meeting and the girls were really good for the most part. The talks were ok, the four speakers were a family that was moving out of the ward. Their two girls bore their testimony's and then the parent's spoke. The dad mainly spoke about how much he loved the ward and who he liked and about them unpacking yadda yadda. But I enjoyed sacrament none the less. It felt so good to be at church with my little family.
After that, we headed to our marriage class. I was disappointed that our teacher ended up not being there. We've really enjoyed that class. So we headed to gospel doctrine instead. Now I don't really mind gospel doctrine, just sometimes I have a hard time getting into it. Today was different though. I think a lot of it had to do with us sitting in the front row. I enjoyed participating and we had some neat discussions. Then we all were combined for priesthood and relief society.
Wow! Is all I can say. The bishop spoke and it was amazing. I knew when he spoke that he was meant to be the bishop in our ward at this time. What an amazing man. The main topic was about how husband's and wive's relationships are a partnership and how women have a right to revelation to know whether or not choices their husbands make are correct. The discussion was that as husband and wife, if we're both on the same page and in tune with the spirit, we both will receive the same answers to our questions. This was powerful to me. My husband and I are 99% of the time on the right page and usually get the same answers. But there was something different about the way the bishop spoke about it. It felt like I needed to hear it and hear it the way he said it.
I'm not sure why exactly. Right now I've been trying to figure out what I want to major in, in school but that has come to no avail. We're also trying to figure out just when to expect another baby. What job my husband should have right now? Where should we end up? Maybe this was a way of Heavenly Father telling me how to get answers to these questions. The bishop said that if we don't receive an answer, or if our answers are different (meaning my husband gets one answer and I get another one) then maybe we aren't asking the right questions.
I'm going to think about this some more and figure out what we want and what is right. It will take some time and a lot of prayer but I know the right answers will to come to our little family. I am so grateful for everything that was taught today. I am glad that we did go to church. You just never know what could happen. I'm so thankful I was wrong about it today and that it was so much better than I anticipated. What a blessing.
July 30, 2006
Amen!
Posted by
Michelle
at
9:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Thanks for sharing that Michelle! *hugs* I like that part about asking the wrong questions . . . I will definitely remember that! :)
Post a Comment