January 02, 2010

Welcome 2010!

I anticipate this year will be absolutely and fantastically great! Why? Because anticipating it to be the opposite would be terrible lol! Seriously, I already have so many things I'm looking forward to.

For instance, my 3rd baby girl will be here in just a few weeks! I can't believe the time is almost here. I've started to pack my hospital back and mostly finished the girl's bag. I'm almost done washing the baby clothes and putting them away. And, I've started on the baby's baby book. The only things left to do is finish buying baby items. We just ordered an infant carseat/stroller, that should be here in a week or so. I bought some onesies and a boppy today. We don't have much left to buy except things we want but can't afford. Spouse would like a bottle warmer and I want a sling. Oh, I still need to buy a breast pump. The one I want is so expensive, I don't know how I'll pay for it. Hopefully it works out. :)

On top of having a new little baby, another exciting thing is that I graduate this May! It's been a long time coming but it's finally almost here! (Well, given everything goes well with having a baby and all.) I'm so excited to be on the home stretch. It's a good feeling seeing all of your hard work pay off! Go me!

Another good thing this year is that with our tax return we'll finally be able to pay off our van. That means NO MORE CAR PAYMENT! What a blessing that will be! We still have credit card and student loan debt, which I don't even want to talk about, but no car payment will be fabulous! I can't wait.

Oh, and another good thing is that my husband will be getting his braces off this year! The orthodontist says there's a chance he may even get them off this month - how awesome would that be?! They've been surprised at how fast his teeth have moved. Usually adult teeth don't move that fast but his really have. I'm so glad we've used the past two years worth of tax returns to pay for his braces. 1, because we're not in debt for them, and 2, doing it now instead of later, was a lot easier than having a family where probably everyone will need braces. I'm so excited for him, he's going to love having straight teeth!

Lastly, my oldest girl will be starting school this year. Wow! When did that happen?! We haven't decided if we will homeschool or try public school, but either way, I'm excited for her. She's ready to start now but a late birthday made her miss the deadline. I think when we put her in school, we'll also put her sister in preschool. They both will love it.

So yes, a fabulous year for all of us! Welcome 2010! Glad to have you here. :D

3 comments:

Kara said...

That does sound like a great year :) Hey, I have a ring sling I never really use cuz it's a little big for me, if you want it it's yours! It's an Over The Shoulder Baby Holder so it's a little more bulky than other slings, but I'd be happy to bring it when we come up if you want to try it out. :) Yay for no more car payment! I've loved having no car payment the last year. And I'm jealous Richard gets his braces off so soon. I got mine almost 4.5 yrs ago and didn't get the top ones off until a few months ago, and still will have the bottoms for at least a few more months. Lucky him lol.

Jill said...

Wow! That all sounds wonderful! Good luck with baby girl #3, I know she'll be as precious as the first two. And way to go finishing school, you are awesome!

Cami Jo said...

It will be a good year!!!! So many exciting things are happening for your family, and I'm so happy for you. Also, I loved many of your Christmas traditions. I may have to steal some! Good luck with baby number 3! I hope all goes well, and you adjust quickly. Three is tricky, but you are an amazing mom, and I know you will be great! Take care. Miss you! (PS...loved the Christmas card. Thanks!)