January 27, 2009

Bye bye ice cream

Some of you already know, but I'm no longer buying ice cream. To clarify that, I'm no longer buying ice cream at the store and bringing it home. When we go out to eat, I may have some but that's a rarity. Yep, I'm laying off it people. I wasn't addicted to it by any means, but I my goal to be healthier will never be achieved if I let ice cream stand in my wife. I have been reading different things about eating healthier and one of the bonuses was that instead of needing acne treatment, eating the right foods can help clear your acne up. My acne isn't bad, but I'll take any help I can get. So bye bye ice cream, it's been fun, but now you're in the very, very, moderation category and I'm happy you are there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am lactose intolerant and it has gotten worse over the years. So has my acne -- especially since I had my son. The doc says it is hormonal, but in November I went 100% off dairy (no cheating with lactaid). In 4 weeks my acne was gone. Over the holidays I ended up eating dairy at a few family gatherings. Within 24 hours I'd have zits popping up and it would take at least another week of zero dairy to get them to go away. The medical world says it is not possible, but for me dairy seems to equal not only intestinal distress, but also acne...